Tuesday, May 17, 2011

As of Latelyyy

So it's official... Our long distance relationship has come to an end and we can't be happier. Alex graduated in economics at BYU in April. I was lucky to have a weekend off tennis and make my first trip to Utah since I transferred. It made me miss my freshman and sophomore years of double dating with our best friends Lauren and Kirk! I flew in thursday night and alex graduated on Friday. It was a great weekend spending time with Alex, my sister Lauren and her hubby Kirk. Not only did alex graduate that weekend, he had a playoff game for the NCAA's and it was Easter. Sadly his team lost so that was kinda a downer but the rest of the weekend was so much fun. He came home a week later and has spent a lot of time with me in LA. I am so happy to have someone to go to dinner with, accompany me to the grocery store and watch red boxes with me. My best friend is officially here forever and I will never have to be apart from him ever again! 
 On May 10th Alex turned 23 so I decided to plan a surprise birthday dinner for him.He loves seafood so I researched some fun places to take him. I used my trusty favorite site yelp to look some stuff up. I came across a place called the Boiling Crab in Korea Town. I drove the whole way and alex had no idea where we were going. We got there around 8 and it was packed. They told us it was going to be an hour weight, but Alex was very pleased with my choice that he wanted to wait. I'm not into seafood too much unless it's sushi but this place was awesome. It was a perfect place for a birthday. We ordered a pound of shrimp and a pound of crawfish. It comes in these bags and you decide the sauce you want on it and things that you want in the bag with your seafood. We decided on a mixture of sauces (garlic and spicy), sausage and corn on the cob. Sounds kinda gross and random but it was delicious! We also got spicy cajun fries. This place was better then I expected and Alex and I will definitely be going back there soon.














On another great note my team and I hosted the first two rounds of NCAA's and swept our opponents 4-0 both days. So right now we are on a huge bus traveling to Stanford for the sweet 16. The seven hour bus ride hasn't been too bad for the fact that we have watched t.v. and indulged in all the baked goods we made for the trip. We play Virginia first round this Friday! I am very excited to be competing in my first team NCAA tournament! My fan base (mom, dad, Mayci and Alex) will be arriving on Thursday to cheer me and my team on to a big victory! When I get around to it I will post our results! Wish us luck:)

No comments:

Post a Comment